Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 has Finally Arrived, Hacker World Rejoices
Since iOS 5.1.1′s release, a lot of people have been waiting with bated breath for the newest untethered jailbreak they can apply to their devices. Well, you can all breathe easier now that greenpoisOn has actually released the update.
The jailbreak, called Absinthe 2.0, has been released and works on the following devices:
- iPad, iPad 2 (non-2012 version), and the new iPad
- iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
- iPod touch 3, iPod touch 4
Over the years, we’ve seen the technical ability it takes to perform a jailbreak decrease, as the process has gotten more and more simplified. With this current release, the team behind Absinthe says it’s so easy that “even your grandma could do it”, which is a pretty bold statement. If that holds up, then perhaps a lot of people who were once reluctant to attempt a jailbreak out of fear for bricking their devices due to low technical knowledge might give it a shot this time around.
The process is laid out pretty simply for you, and the steps needed to take are as follows:
- Make a backup of your device in iTunes
- After backup is finished, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
- Open Absinthe while your device is still connected via USB
- Click “Jailbreak” and wait. Don’t disconnect your device for any reason. This may take some time.
- When the jailbreak is complete, restore your device from the backup you made earlier in iTunes. This will return the content you had on your device before wiping it clean.
Your device is now jailbroken, and you can enjoy all of the perks that comes with that. As always, please be aware that jailbreaking can void your warranty with Apple, and there’s always a possibility that a technical issue might occur, so make lots of backups. Happy jailbreaking, everyone.
Note: As always during the initial release of a new Jailbreak software, greenpois0n.com may become a bit congested. If you have problem accessing the site, please try again later.
Today's Best Free Apps
Do you know that dozens of highly rated paid apps briefly go free every week? Discover the best of daily free apps on our Best Free Apps page.